Saturday, April 29, 2023

The battle continues.

 This has been an extremely rough year for me so far so I have decided that now is a good time to go back to something I have always enjoyed ...collecting. This time I am reacquiring my favorite toy line from the 80's ...Battle Beasts ! I'm starting slow with this collection because I don't want to pay over 10$ each for these guys so there is a lot of waiting and searching ( the part all of us collectors love) . The first Battle beast to return to me here is War Weasel! He was my favorite back in the 80's mainly because his arm looked like a sub machinegun that came with several GI Joe figures. In my little world this guy was a badger and it never crossed my mind once that he was a weasel.  






8 comments:

  1. Looks cool. Never had any of these as a kid. Seems like they would be fun to collect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair I was already "to old" for toys when these came out but 14 year old me still knew they were cool.

      Delete
  2. I thought these were cool but I don't remember actively seeking them out in the wild as a kid. If one came into my possession it was probably because my younger cousin left it behind. Btw- love the outdoor pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I dont get outside as much these day as I used to but had a break in the rain and took a shot.

      Delete
  3. One of my all time favorite toy lines. Was also big into their mechanical counterparts Z-Bots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got into Zbots because I was already in my 20's when they came out and all I cared about then was Japanese toys.

      Delete
  4. I had a couple of these, some snake dude and a cool pink fish dude. Does your war weasel's heat sticker thing still work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rub sticker does still work ( surprisingly)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...