Thursday, February 16, 2023

Vintage / Throwback 1999 shelfies.

These pictures I believe where taken in April of 1999 .This was my first apartment in San Francisco. This tiny little apartment was across the street from a high school and sat under a Chinese / dimsum  restaurant.. In the late 1990's this place cost me 400$ a month and I thought that was really expensive but now the same matchbox sized place rents for 1100$ a month from what I understand. San francisco is a great city to live if you are a collector and the owner of facebook or microsoft. These pictures were taken on an old film camera and I have taken pictures of the pictures so please excuse the bad quality.Everything here was more or less obtained while I was here . I moved into this place in late 1998 with nothing but a back pack full of clothes right after my first divorce.














There are a few neat little treasures in these picks if you squint just right. It's unfortunate that I don't have any pictures from my next SF apartment thats was basicle the entire lower half of an old house that I filled from floor to ceiling with toys and vhs tapes.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool pics. Also yeah that was not bad. I lived in a hotel room with communal bathroom, communal kitchen and if i hadnt had a subsidy it woulda cost over a grand and that was a decade ago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...