Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Batman Beyond : Blight

I originally owned Blight back almost 20 years ago but I never opened him.I owned all the Batman Beyond figures at that time but only opened Future Knight Batman and was less then amazed with it so I left the rest in the pack. Then a couple years later I decided it was time to trim down on the recent stuff I had bought (about 5 years worth of stuff) because I was moving cross country and didnt feel like fooling with so much packing so Blight was one of the many that went away back then.




But today I received a new one in the mail from Ebay and thanks to my friend Tony also got a new Batman Beyond figure the day before. Its pretty clear why I like this guy but Ill lay it out : He is my favorite green plastic squirtgun color , He is transparent ' He has a skeleton inside his transparent body and finally he GLOWs! He glows like a nuclear power plant after a melt down  , I rarely  come across luminescence this strong in a toy. He is the perfect storm ,combining many of the things that attract me into one super affordable action figure. 

11 comments:

  1. It seems like you are destined to reclaim what was once yours 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah I guess so , now if some of the other stuff I had in the 70's would come back to me such as the Micronauts and my huge Rom figure it would be great lol

      Delete
  2. Cool figure (was talked out of "wasting my money") looks cool in your images... wishing you the best... we have more chest scans coming up... will know more then Hello from Marshville...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to hear from you , I hope at least your days arnt all bad.

      Delete
    2. we try to make the most of things... and "distract" ourself from worries...
      a great Holiday Weekend to you, good Sir !!

      Delete
  3. I want him to use as Dr. Phosphorus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that : "Batman Beyond
      The character Blight from the animated series Batman Beyond has a design that strongly resembles Doctor Phosphorus, along with similar radioactive powers. In an interview with Bruce Timm in the Modern Masters volume profiling him, Timm, a professed fan of the Englehart/Rogers Batman run, readily admits to the similarities between Blight and Phosphorus. In Batgirl #6 (2010), Roulette refers to Phosphorus as "the Baron of Blight" " seems he is the Batman beyond version of him.

      Delete
  4. Damn, that is very cool! I'm always on the look out for glow in the dark action figures. I didn't know about this guy though! Looks ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a very cool figure and really the standout of the entire line. Im a fan of glow in the dark also.

      Delete
  5. Always loved glow in the dark figurines.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...