Tuesday, October 6, 2020

This is my 120 year old antq....wait what's that sound ...

 I recently acquired this 120 year old antique Sperm whale oil bottle.

This bottle spent those 120 years laying in the Mojave desert. The exposure to the sun turned the normally colorless bottle into a nice shade of purple but it also baked on the remnants of the whale oil.

After a considerable amount of trial and error I was able to remove the baked on whale oil and I have to say I'm very pleased with the result ..

um what's that sound? 

oh geez ..

just great..

Folks Im really sorry about this.

I guess I left a box open and something terrible found its way out.

just dont make and sudden moves..

or maybe you should make a sudden move as in RUN!

Well crap.

That didn't go as planned .

  

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...