Saturday, September 13, 2014

This is why my official job title isn't Customizer.

This a custom Cobra Boomslang anti tank robot that I made back in the mid to late 90's out of a Toybiz Nimrod. 

This is one of about 25 that I made. This one was turning out poorly, so I flung it into a bin of junk parts where it spent the last two decades, until I came across the bin recently. I was pretty happy to discover I still had this one because I sold all of the others together along with the Cobra Terror Drome that I had created them to defend. This one is very sloppy, and was probably being made while I was slightly inebriated (I was inebriated often back then so its a very high probability) and is unfinished but its still neat to see.

8 comments:

  1. I would love to have seen the rest and that Terror Drome you had made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I still had the Terror Drome , I didn't make it only the robot army to defend it.The finished robots had shoulder mounded missiles and didn't look as sloppy as this one..well I like to think they weren't as sloppy but there is no way of telling now.I also wish I still had all the Fangs that I took the missiles and missile racks from .

      Delete
  2. That must have taken alot of patience.Great job even if you think it wasnt one of your best.What color was he originally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is normally a red orange color. It tool a few weeks to get everything painted . after the first few it went pretty easy as I remember. I do think I eventually gave up on the silver detail. I really wish I had pictures from back then.

      Delete
  3. Did you get all the Nimrods from a discount bin from KB Toys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did! Kaybee was great for that back then especially if you didnt care about the condition of the pack

      Delete
  4. That's pretty solid for a "slightly inebriated" incomplete job - too bad the successful ones aren't around anymore, I'd have loved to have seen how those turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I had pictures from back in those days . I have basically no pictures of myself or my stuff for the years from 1990 to 2002. i lived in so many places and had so many different displays and collections that i would love to see again. The complete versions were a lot less rough and had missals.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...