Saturday, September 6, 2014

Necessity is the mother of invention.

This is a really beat up A Team van that I bought at a yard sale probably 10 years ago. As you can see the van has been masterfully customized by some child  into a cobra vehicle.

This van came from the same yard sale as my beat up Inhumanoids Metlar. I havent even really touched it since I bought it because I decided it had a little charm just the way it was, so its been sitting in a box just as it looked the day I bought it. The two worn out  GI Joe guys were in the van when I bought it. It did have a big Cobra symbol painted on the top of it with some strange puffy foam like paint, but at some point in time it fell off.

18 comments:

  1. Even Battered up it still looks sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so to! It has a Mad Max feel to it with the rust and cut up soda can over the windows.

      Delete
  2. That's one van I wouldn't get into. I don't care how much candy they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Now come on , you know you want to spend some time in a broke down windowless van with Dr Mindbender!

      Delete
  3. If Bubba Sawyer owned a Van,this is what it would like! That is a piece of art right there.I dont think Hasbro couldve made a van look more menacing than this.This baby deserves a spot in the Toy Swamp H.O.F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, I can see Chop top offering some little kid a ride to help find a lost puppy in this van! This van is what Toy swamp is all about!

      Delete
  4. This is a total wreck of art. Worthy ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so ! Thats why I left it dirty and tape covered all these year, pure outsider art.

      Delete
  5. The only thing that would make that van better would be to paint 'Free Candy' on the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I have actually seen a van in the parking lot of the local Walmart that has "Free candy and pony rides inside" painted on it.

      Delete
  6. That's brilliant - I love how clearly well-played with it is. And I'm impressed that the side door still works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only does it still open but it opens perfectly, it slides as smothly as it would have new.

      Delete
  7. I had that same van when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it here in NC at a yard sale so there is a slight possibility that this could have been yours lol

      Delete
    2. That would be cool.I love the banged-up look.Gives it character.

      Delete
  8. It looks like something out of a MAD MAX film.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...