Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What, no Tick Tock?

These are Fox's Peter Pan and The Pirates made by THQ in 1991.
 These guys are less then common in the wild these days, and weren't the most common toy when they were new. The idea behind this line was to make a toy line that was interesting to both boys and girls. That's why the male characters are "action figures" and the female characters are "miniature dolls". Boys and girls could play together with the same line, but stay with in the toy label that they are comfortable with. I'm not sure that it went over so well because, as you can see, they were heavily marked down when I bought them. They cost less then the $1.98 on the price sticker. I believe they where .94 cents each when I bought them.

12 comments:

  1. These are pretty rare and you have a nice selection of the figures very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the other 2 figures in the set somewhere ,Smee and the mermaid.The Captain hook I opened over a decade ago and I regret having done it.

      Delete
  2. Nothing beats a 2 dollar fully articulated name brand action figure.I remember finding a whole set of die cast Flash Gordon figures DOTU for about the same price as a kid.I came home with Flash Gordon,Ming and Phantom!Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The defenders of the earth figures are basically where my hordding started! I found all the figures and the sword ships in the clearance bins at kaybee toys and bought 2 of each , one to open and one to hang on the wall. I still have those figures but the packs are beat to hell!

      Delete
    2. How do you like the way I butchered the name of the line,HA! DOTU-U standing for Universe of course.

      Delete
    3. Ha! i didnt even notice until you pointed it out.

      Delete
  3. Normally kids don't play together with the opposite sex, but this is a brilliant idea... though you might wanna keep the boys away from the dolls. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like an idea that could be tried again with a more popular property, this toy line just didnt go over so well.Hey I have a lot of doll! But then again I was the only male my age that was buying Jem dolls that I knew of back in the 80's.

      Delete
  4. My sister and I played with toys together a lot, these would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought they looked like something kids would like but I guess they just didnt get the advertising that's required to sell a toy line.

      Delete
  5. I don't remember this, but still a great find!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think a lot of people remember it to much, The show was on the air for a long time but seems to have went unnoticed by many. Iv had these guys for almost 2 and a half decades now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...