Friday, July 18, 2014

My top 10 needs an action figure list.

These are the 10 characters or properties I feel need the action figure treatment. I'm sure many will disagree with my choices. When coming up with the list, I looked around my shelves, and thought about what I would really like to see on my shelves that hasn't been made and this is what I got.

10: Ragman from DC comics. Ragman is one of the earliest comics I remember picking out from the comic book rack and I'm surprised that he hasn't had an action figure of some kind by this point.
9: The cast of The Secret of Nimh. A classic and pretty under utilized property .
8: Pip the Troll from Marvel comics. Yes, I know they made a Pip in the Silver Surfer toy line but it was UGLY. I want him in his classic 70's style.
7: Devil Dinosaur and  Moon Boy. Big red  Tyrannosaurus and a monkey boy. How could you go wrong?
6: Cerebus the aardvark. I love this character but very little merchandise has been released for him
5: 3D Man. They should just do a Marvel legends goofy 70's character wave. Here, it would look something like this.
4: The main cast of  Watership Down. I like rabbits, I like classic cartoons, I like cartoon violence. Whats that say about me? I don't know but I do know I would love to have this set. 

3: Brother Power the Geek. I'm sure not a lot of comic readers today know who he is. That doesn't changed the fact that I would love to have him with my Vertigo figure collection.
2: Shade the Changing Man. The Vertigo / Peter Milligan version not the Steve Ditko one.
1: As many different characters from  Little Nemo in Slumberland as possible. This comic strip is one of my favorite things. The art style is amazing. Even though it's from the 1910's it would still be perfect for action figures.

So that's my list. I'm sure I could come up with 100's more, but these are the few that really stand out in my mind.

12 comments:

  1. Ditko's Shade, The Changing Man is better.

    But otherwise, man, I love this list. Ragman and Devil Dinosaur. And kudos for the Brother Power, the Geek, shout-out. Remember him fondly from Gaiman's solo-tale in Swamp Thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I like to think of Ditko's Shade as nothing more than a daydream that Milligan's Shade on his way to earth ;) I was all wrapped up in that British invasion in the early 90's and just have that soft spot for the Vertigo renditions of characters.

      Delete
  2. Marvel Comics "Thunderstrike" I loved that comic while it lasted

    "Hoo Boy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats one I saw but never read. The character looks pretty cool if i remember correctly. He had a ponytail I think.

      Delete
  3. Good idea on the Watership Down. I felt the same way when McFarlane released the Where the Wild Things Are statues. I could see the WSD like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those Where the Wild Things Are guys gave me a world of trouble getting a complete set.It seemed like every store in California was sold out of Max . I ended up getting years after the rush on them .

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Eclectic is a good way to describe my collecting habits or haphazard and focusless.

      Delete
  5. I been wanting a Devil Dinosaur action figure for a long time now! And Am going with Ditko's Shade The Changing Man but we can have both....One can be a variant. : )

    And how's about characters like Dr.Solar and Magnus? And I love the ideal of the goofy 70s characters too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that could work ,Im just not a real fan of the look of Ditko's Shade to Kirby like for my taste.I, surprised that Devil Dinosaur has never been made because of the popularity of Dinosaurs in general. Solar man of the atom would totally be something that I would love to have an official figure of or Magnus robot fighter or even a GOOD Turok.

      Delete
  6. Nice choices here. Hey BM,I don't know If you switched up the font on your site but It's in cursive and very small.I can barely read it lol. Might just be a problem on my end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats strange indeed, I haven't changed the font on here. I try to keep it as readable as possible because Im nearly blind and have to lean way into the monitor if its not a certain size. Definitely not cursive :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...