Thursday, July 31, 2014

My SDCC 2014 fantasy reveals

Another San Diego Comic Con has passed and I will say that I was very underwhelmed with this years toy reveals. To me it was the same old same old business as usual, nothing earth shattering  or so exciting that I got giddy with anticipation. So, I have decided to make a "What if" fantasy list of reveals that I think would have been far more interesting then the reality.

Mattel announces Club Filmation ! A monthly subscription just like the MOTUC covering Filmation properties from the 70's and 80's such as The Original Ghostbusters, Blackstar, BraveStarr,and Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.

Hasbro announces the combine worlds concept where many of the current and past cult favorites come together into one cohesive line. To get the ball rolling they unveil the Micronauts / Inhumanoids Earthcorps 2 pack sets that will be supported by the new Micronauts animated series and the CGI Inhumanoids movie. Also shown is the Centurions: Rise of  Metlar deluxe gift  pack.

Good Smile Company shows off there new wave of Figma's that include the cast of Space Dandy.

 Neca displays their Goonies 2 figures and display/play sets based on the new movie.

And finally, after working out the licensing issues with Parker brothers, Marvel shows the first teaser trailer for Rom the Spaceknight live action movie and hints at a new comic book series and toy line.

One can dream I guess. None of these things are very likely to happen, but it would be great if they did.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sure would be nice. I really would love an articulated set of Fat Albert figures.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, Rom would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so as well. I would love to see the dire wraiths on the big screen!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...