Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lets open some toys!

Anybody who's been collecting for a long time will know that eventually, no matter how hard you try, one or more of your mint on card figures is going to get damaged in one way or another.What we have here today is a complete set of the Dinosaur tv show figures from 1991 or so. The packs are beat! These things have been moved back and forth from here to there so many times in the last 2 decades that they have heavy storage damages.  Lets bust these bad boys open!































 So there you have it. I have to say, I was expecting to be hit with the sweet smell of early 90's plastic, like the perfume of a finely aged wine, but sadly that wasn't the case. These things smelled horrible, and where sticky to the touch. Oh well. At least it was fun to open some toys.

13 comments:

  1. The only way I would possibly get these is to play out a seventies comic book. I could play out where Stegron zaps New York with a Dino Ray. The Boss could be JJJ. Spidey has to come in to use the reverse dino ray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had them 22 years. Not every toy can be of a greased up nearly naked man who enjoys rubbing his body on that of other greased up nearly naked men or of a poorly written second rate comic book company character ;)

      Delete
  2. Better air those bad boys out and give them a good cleaning because some old plastics just end up doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its pretty bad but doesn't matter to much because Im just going to through these guys back into a box and probably not look at them for another 20 years.

      Delete
  3. cool. I was just thinking about how I'd love to find some Dinosaurs. I used to have the Mom, Dad, Baby, and the Boss. I enjoyed the show and playin with the toys. Eventually when I "stopped playing with toys" I sold them at a flea market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was well past the playing age when this show was on the air and the toys came out but I still loved the show and the toys.

      Delete
  4. You'd think the package designers would know that Richfield is a Styracosaurus, not a Triceratops.
    Disgraceful.

    Always wanted some of these though - used to have a giant talking version of Baby, but he was left in the shed when we moved house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that to, Seems like they rushed these things to market as fast as possible with little thought to quality. I don't understand why they came with accessory's that they cant use.

      Delete
  5. I saw a few of these in a random box at a flea market this past weekend. The sticky plastic must be an epidemic with these, because all the ones I saw looked like Pig-Pen from Peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty gross, I tried washing them and it didnt help at all.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...