Monday, August 13, 2012

The League of Extraordinary Bloggers

 This week’s assignment from the League over at Cool and Collected : Mixtap . What songs were forever being looped on your car’s stereo back in high school. A cassette could only hold a dozen or so songs, so that’s the magic number of songs to list..Oh boy ..I had pretty much decided I wasn't  going to cover music  on my blog  but Ill do it this one time and then we can get back to business as usual. Heres what one of my  typical mix tapes would have looked like at that time. 

  Side A
Bauhaus : who killed Mr Moonlight


 The cure :  Charlotte sometimes


Joe Jackson :  steppin out

 Peter Murphy : Marlene Dietrich's Favorite Poem

  Smashing Pumpkins : Luna

 Matthew Sweet : Girlfriend

Side B
Tears for Fears : head over heels


  Bauhause : She's In Parties


 The Cult : She Sells Sanctuary


  Peter Murphy : Hit Song


  The Cure : Three imaginary boys


  Sisters of Mercy : Something fast

Well  that's it . I hope at least one of you guys out there enjoy this mix because I really enjoyed putting it together. Like it? hate it? leave a comment and let me know!

Hear what the other Leagers are rocking out to :
Flashlights are something to eat 
 Of Flying Monkeys and Ewoks oh my!
 Toyriffic
 Memories of Toymorrow

14 comments:

  1. This one is too hard for me...Why? Because I cannot remember what I played in high school. I surely didn´t have a car until I graduated. I may just have to make up mine out of thin air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem for me. I was all about music from the 9th grade to the 12th I dont even really listen to music that much anymore tho.

      Delete
  2. So, you were that guy wearing a long trench coat in June right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uumm....no....:( Yes .yes i was lol, dont forget leather pants and Knee high combat boots.I dont understand how I didnt die of heat stroke back then,I cant even walk to the mailbox without fear of dehydration these days.

      Delete
  3. ME LIKEY!! and I still listen to Joe Jackson's tunes to this day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think steppin out is one of the best songs from the 80's, I never get tired of that song.

      Delete
    2. I dont come across many people who even know who he is anymore.

      Delete
  4. Cool, nice mixtape. Are you Goth? These songs sound like the precurser to Goth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a long time ago, I still enjoy the music once in a while.

      Delete
  5. Nice mix. Lately I have been listening to the Cure and Peter Murphy all because of XM radio my new mix tape.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I dont really have any experience with XM radio but its cool that this stuff is so accessible these days.

      Delete
  6. Funny I was never into "Goth" music in high school but I do enjoy it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iv gone through a few fazes and its all pretty much smashed together now.I can listen to anything from bluegrass to death metal these days but music doesn't play as big of a part in my life as it did when I was a teen.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...