Monday, June 4, 2012

Insectbot! my holy grail found!



Long ago I had a toy that till today I truly believed nobody else had ever seen or heard of .As a child I loved robots and bugs and especially anything that combined the two things into one  piece of awesome toy goodness this my friends is my long lost toy holy grail item:





this is the first time in 11 years that I have seen my beloved lady bug transformer type toy.So many years of searching and asking toy dealers just to have them look at me like Im crazy.One other person on the internet had also been looking for this guy for some time and he finally found these images of the elusive creature.Not only do I now have a picture of him to show what I was talking about but I now have the name of the toy line he came from ...but there are none of them for sale anywhere on the planet.






9 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats on finally finding one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I still hope to own it again some day but at least now I have the pictures to aid me in my quest in obtaining him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall keep my eyes peeled for one of them for you in my toy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I appreciate it, two sets of eyes are always better then one and seeing your fantastic haul over the weekend it looks like you might know a few secret honey holes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you too! That's one awesome Transforming bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I appreciate the extra eyes! My original was bought in San Francisco long ago so maybe another will turn up in California.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sweet old memories... I had that toy when I was a kid here in Peru, Thanks for sharing. It lasted many years, but he couldn't survive the day we moved when my mother decided to throw away my big box of toys that she considered "old"

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey... i just thought of the ladybug robot toy so i searched in google.... then i found you... my cousin had 1 that i really envy..... ts so good to see that robot again man...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...