Friday, June 15, 2012

50% cool

So I received a long anticipated figure in the mail today. I have been meaning to pick up The Pirates of Dark Water Niddler figure for about 18 years now ( Im slow to get around to things sometimes ) and I finaly found one at a price I couldn't pass on.  

He is just as cool now as he was when I first looked at him in the 3 for $10 bin at KB toys almost 2 decades ago.But it seems since last time we crossed path's he took up a 4 pack a day smoking habit ,or maybe his previous owner had a unique way of displaying him...

 
The smell of cigarettes on him is unreal ,Iv had things from heavy smokers homes before but this  is so strong its like hes made from condensed  cigarette smoke .I dont think the picture above even begins to truly convey the smell of this guy so I made a more realistic interpretation..

Ok thats closer I think.I now have poor Niddler in a shoe box filled with baking soda and dryer pads  ...I hope it works because other then the smell he is in great shape. Its very surprising that he isnt yellowed from the smoke.

7 comments:

  1. I hope that smell goes away on this fun figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, so do I but I think it might be a lost lost cause.

      Delete
  2. Oh man the monkey bird rules. I can still hear the crazy voice he had in the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely enough I dont remember ever watching the cartoon .

      Delete
  3. This is an easy fix! Get a piece of Tupperware with a lid, or even a zip-lock baggie and fill it about 1/3 of the way with baking soda, then seal the toy inside and let the baking soda do its job. After a few days, the smoke smell will be gone. I've done this a few times and works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats more or less whate Iv got going on but I have it in a shoe box but I think Tupperware might work better.

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea. I'm gunna try that out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...