Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to School with the League

 This week’s assignment from the League over at Cool and Collected: Back to School!  Summer’s over, it’s time to go back to school! (Interpret it as you will.)
 When I was a kid one of the highlights of returning to school was the shopping trip to buy that years school supply's .I always liked picking out my new trapper keeper ,folders and erasers that could double as toys but my absolute favorite school supply was my lunch boxes. My lunch box was like a businessman's briefcase,and it was essential to by daily school routine. Besides for holding my lunch it was the perfect place to hide the toys that I had brought to trade. This is a chronological record of the lunch boxes I had from kindergarten to the 6th grade ( excluding 2 mid year replacements for lost/ broken boxes)
   I also had a Rambo lunch box for 2 days at  the start of the 7th grade. I was the only kid to show up on the first day of the 7th grade with a lunch box and I was quickly given the nickname "Ramhole" and relentlessly teased pretty much the rest of the year for doing so ...ah those were the days.  

See what the other leagers have to say:  
 Memories of toymorrow
 Cavalcade of Awesome
Rediscover the 80s

10 comments:

  1. I don't remember any of my lunchboxes except the Star Wars ones. Love the BotP, Dragon's Lair and Clash of the Titans ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memory is strange ,I dont remember the names of my teacher at all but I can tell what was on my folders for each grade.

      Delete
  2. When Ebay was first starting up I could have gotten a killer collection of cool pop culture lunchboxes. They also display so well. Sign. Too many things to collect, so little space for storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats exactly how I feel! Iv surpassed the storage capacity of my house and Im still stuffing stuff in.

      Delete
  3. My favorite lunch box was my plastic Transformers one. And being from Canada it only lasted three months. Plastic and cold don't go together.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience plastic lunch boxes are easily broke no matter what weather you are in

      Delete
  4. Awesome lunch boxes! Had Clash myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had clash of the titans madness when that movie came out. Just about the only thing made from that movie I didn't have was the Kraken.

      Delete
  5. That Clash of the Titans box is beautiful! You've sparked a new obsesion in me....tracking down old lunchboxes..these are beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great thing to collect if you have the space. If your not to much of a stickler for the condition you can get some really fantastic boxes for a reasonable price.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...