Monday, July 9, 2012

League of Extraordinary Bloggers

 This week’s assignment from the League:   Who cried when Old Yeller got shot? What movie, TV show, book, etc. turns you into a blubbering baby every time you see it? Interesting fact..I have never seen Old Yeller but their are a few tv shows and movies that bring a tear to my eye.

One movie that chokes me up a little is The boy who could fly.


Its mostly the part with Fred Savage  and his GI joe graveyard that gets to me
 and the running from bully's on his big wheel also strikes a chord



This movie leaves me missing something that no matter how many childhood toys I rebuy I can never replace.

As for a tv show that tugs at my tear valve it would have to be The episode of  Archie Bunker's Place where they deal with his wife Edith's death


 I put this and the episode of M*A*S*H where Col. Henry Blake dies as the saddest tv shows I have seen.

Great now Im sad.
See what the other Leagers are sobbing about :
toyriffic
Flashlights are something to eat
shezcrafti

6 comments:

  1. My friend Scott always gets tear with that episode of MASH too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MASH had a good number of really sad episodes.Crazy to think that they based a children's toy line on it.

      Delete
  2. I love that movie! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great movie but it seems like most people hate it more than Ratboy.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, that Archie Bunker scene is rough. Excuse me while I go hug my wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I really tried to not watch it when I was looking for the video to post but I didn't want to post one of those surprise screaming videos by mistake.:/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...